One of my favourite meals of all time! Stuffed peppers. These are so versatile you can do whatever you want. I did a meat, rice and veggie version which has been delicious and I wanted to share it.
- 250 5% beef mince (or turkey)
- 2x courgettes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 cup defrosted frozen spinach (or fresh)
- 1x packet microwave rice
- Rosemary, salt, pepper, mustard powder to taste
- 1x tomato/basil passata
- 1x veggie pasta sauce
- 4x peppers (prefer orange/yellow/red), top and seeds removed - tip: try and get ones with flat bottoms
- Preheat oven on 180 deg celsius
- Chop the courgettes and onion quote small. Saute on low heat until sweating/glassy.
- Add in the meat and break up.
- Once the meat has started cooking, add in the spinach.
- Add in 1x passata
- Cook rice and add in
- Fill the peppers with the meat, rice and veggie mixture
- Place in a pan/tray that's oven safe and small enough that the peppers can stand up, but have space between them.
- Fill the tray with the other bottle of passata
- Bake for 20 mins
Delicious served with some wilted spinach, squash or a side salad.
Keeps well in the fridge in an air tight container for 4 days.